Tuesday, September 1, 2009

College is amazing!

I can go to a pool for FREE! Not only that but I can bring a guest for $2 or $5 with me as long as they're 18! Not only that but a guy was talking to me today and told me he works at the pool and if I want to bring friends he won't charge them or give me a hard time about their age. The funny thing is that all guests have to be at least 18, but I can go and I'm only 17.

Danielle and I are totally going to try to carve out time to go swimming. Maybe we'll get up super early one day for it.

1 comment:

miSz tUna said...

Oh yeah, as far as my college is concerned, TONS of things are there for free!! :)

Gym, pool, musical instrument classes, or any classes that you're interested in, if you're big enough in numbers to arrange for an instructor to conduct a class, internet connection (well, we still have to pay for them here, if we subscribe to any internet connection provider, I don't know about there in your place), and so many others.

Then, there's free food if there's ever any dinner being conducted, (we've got a lot, there's college dinner, departmental dinner, faculty dinner, welcoming dinner for new students etc.)

I can't wait to finish my education, but sometimes, these things make me feel like, gosh, I'm already in my second year here! So little time and yet so many things yet to explore and try. For free! ;)

Enjoy what you have now. And don't forget to look out for things you might want to do, opportunities and stuff. I know you still have to raise your sister and all, but by all means, try and enjoy college life anyway. It's worth it :)