Friday, September 4, 2009

Swooping in


I was talking to Josh last night about the lunch thing, while we had a midnight snack at the table. Today Josh called me while I was at school and told me to stop by his parent's building, that the doorman would have a package waiting for me. Before I left the UES I went there and the doorman handed me a bag. It felt like there was something in it, but I had to get to work and didn't have time to look right away.

Later on the train I opened the bag and it was like those nesting dolls with two other bags inside each other. Turns out Josh called his housekeeper this morning and asked her to find them. I love these bags (they are not the color in the picture). There's a little slot inside for an ice pack, it zips so nothing can fall out, and it's kind of sturdy so things won't get smushed.

Josh came home with a bag from Sanrio filled with three thermoses and a bunch of different sized bento boxes. Alex couldn't stop saying to him, "I can't believe you went to Hello Kitty!"

This is so awesome. All summer I brought lunch but there was a microwave oven and a refrigerator I could use, plus there weren't heavy books threatening to smush my food. Each time I ate out except twice I got sent out to buy lunch for people in the office and they just let me have some too. Otherwise there's no way I'd have eaten out so often.

I am so excited to go to school tomorrow, just because I can't wait for lunch.

4 comments:

miSz tUna said...

Yay!!

That's very thoughtful of Josh.
Do tell us about your lunch :)

Anonymous said...

What a Keeper he is, glad he swooped in, glad u can pack what u like! Wonderful!

-Lil'sis

OTRgirl said...

I love Bento boxes and fun organization. Have a yummy lunch!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Use it all in good health.

I especially like that Josh combined giving you something he already had with buying you something new.

It's so great that you not only now have what you need, but also have fun and not just utilitarian versions of what you need!

Josh really did swoop in, and in just the right way.

That you were excited for school because of your anticipation of lunch is fantastic. I'm so happy that you got to experience that feeling.

The containers can work as regular containers or as bento boxes, yes? That's useful.

I can totally see you making pretty bento-style lunches; the philosophy seems right up your alley.

Can't wait to hear all about your lunch today!