Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Jewish Christmas

Today I went to Target with Josh's mom and we got a white Christmas tree and some other jewish-friendly decorations.

It's on the smaller side which is good, because there's space on a shelf in the closet where we can keep it the other 11 months of the year. A few nights ago my sisters and I stayed up late to make a list of all the Christmasy things we want to do for Christmas now that we can do pretty much whatever we want.

The Christmas tree is in the corner in the dining room with blue and white lights and a jewish star of david on top. Josh was kind of amused by the whole thing and said he'll be expected potato latkes on the first night of Channukah. I am pretty good at cooking, but am not exactly qualified to cook jewish foods.

2 comments:

thordora said...

I kinda want a white tree. Let me know if you like it or it gets old.

And Latkes? They RULE. Make some sweet potato ones too. SOOOOO good. And hard to mess up. :)

OTRgirl said...

What a great way to blend your traditions.

Mmm...sweet potato latkes sound really good.