Sunday, January 3, 2010

For sure

the best part of today, hands down, was Danielle getting home. She fell skiing and ripped the knee in her new jeans. It looks kind of good.

Al and I went to fire family dinner without Dani but brought her home dessert. She brought us home syrup. We sat in the living room eating asian pears while Dani told us about each day of her trip. At one point she said she had so much fun she didn't even really miss us, and it felt like I'd been punched in the chest or something. There must have been a look on my face because Danielle quickly tried to cover and added, "well barely." It hurt Alex too - she kicked Dani really hard in the leg.

Later when we were in the bathroom brushing our teeth Alex told me not to ever let Danielle go on trips again since she's so mean when she gets back. Then she said, "fucking bitch." It was the first time Alex said anything worse than shit to me.

No comments: