Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ravioli and letters to parents

Dear Parents of Kids I Tutor,

Please do not sit with us. I will not beat your kid, give them drugs, threaten or bribe them. I will probably use words you'd rather I don't to keep their attention and teach concepts but your kid will learn and that is what you're paying me for. Please do not interrupt. I don't need your help.

Please do not interrupt to threaten your kid if they are wiggling around while I'm going over something. I don't care if they bounce on their head while we practice spelling as long as they spell the words right. May I suggest not focusing so much on my methods and instead focusing on the results? Because I taught your kid the entire concept of common and proper nouns today. I got your kid to feel better about herself now that she can figure out what words get capitalized and which ones don't.

Lastly, please do not freak out and come rushing in if your kid cries the tiniest bit because they're tired of working. I'm not torturing them - they're just super spoiled and not used to being made to do things they don't feel like doing.

Thanks,
Sam

Ravioli. Around 2:30 Josh told me he was hungry. I offered to make him ravioli, and he nodded. When I put a bowl down in front of him, Josh looked at the bowl in shock. "That's IT?" Wowwwww. Somebody's been spending a lot of time eating out at restaurants and has forgotten what real portions look like. He looked embarrassed when I pointed out I'd made him a double portion.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Haha it is annoying when parents do that :s
Your posts make me laugh so much XD
Keep it up x x x

thordora said...

You crack my shit up. :D