Monday, September 28, 2009

Freebie

There was no school today for me or my sisters, because of the jewish holiday. It was an entire day of no school and no work. Josh and Danielle are still sick so I told Alex we could do whatever she wanted.

That is why we spent the entire day in Brooklyn. We went back to our old house and sat across the street for like two hours. It makes me really sad that Alex barely remembers anything from Brooklyn. We went to the park for a little while, we went to the firehouse and brought them munchkins, I showed Alex all the places in the neighborhood that we used to go, and just wandered around.

We ran into a lady who used to be a client of my mom's. She thought Alex was me and got all excited to see us. She actually hurt my ribs hugging me so hard. It was totally fun to see her. She invited us back to her house so we went, and she pulled out a dress our mom had worked on, and a quilt she'd sewn for her. I didn't want to leave. She took our phone number and made me promise that we'll bring Danielle back to see her. So that was super nice. I floated all the way home. I haven't seen somebody who could talk about her in a long, long time.

3 comments:

Lil'Sis said...

That's a good day.

Anonymous said...

I always love talking to people who knew my dad, too. It's so refreshing and I almost always come away knowing something new about him. Glad you enjoyed your day.

OTRgirl said...

What a great way to spend the day! That sounds really fun.