Friday, October 30, 2009

Our dog

Me and my sisters have wanted a dog forever. When we used to sleep in the same room, our favorite conversations were about our future dog. What breed, what we'd name it, what we'd teach it to do. This has been like our lifelong goal. We have always planned that when we moved out of Aunt Elaine's that would be when we would get the dog.

Well we moved out. Josh likes dogs. We have enough space for a little dog. Nobody is allergic.

Yeah we're not getting a dog. There is no time to take care of it! I am busy with school and work and work and sisters and boyfriend. Josh is busy with school and friends and me. Alex is busy with school and dance. Danielle is busy with school and work and her school is really hard. We have no time. I am so crushed.

2 comments:

HDVixen said...

You'll get your dog in time.
It is so incredibly realistic of you all to realize that there is no time for a dog right now.
Thank you for realizing this.
But---
you will get your dog in time.
(Actually, I was wondering when the dog longing would occur now that you're in your own place.)

OTRgirl said...

It took me five years to convince my husband to get a dog. In the end we found the perfect dog for us at the SCPA. At the right time, the right dog is great. At the wrong time, it's very hard. I think you're wise to wait right now.

It'll be fun when the time is right, though!