Monday, November 23, 2009

Fired and McDonalds

Today I had tutoring with my chubby Chinese boy. He is doing so well now. I think a huge part of his problem was just confidence. He didn't want to try because there was such a big difference between what he and his twin brother could do. Today I gave him a 22-word spelling test and he only got two and a half wrong (the half was that he wrote a U upside down so it looked like an N). His mother is very happy and was all smiles when she told me I was fired, her son was good enough now.

She said she will give my number to her friends whose kids are behind.

McDonalds has an eggnog milkshake. Alex has been begging for two weeks. After I got home from being fired it felt like a good time to go eat crappy food, so we got one. It was so sweet, I choked a couple of times. It took Alex almost the whole way home to admit it was too sweet for her, that even the smallest option gave too much. We got home and Danielle was making all kinds of pumpkin sweets. Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin brownies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie.

At one point I told Danielle that it seemed like a LOT of food. She agreed, told me she got carried away and was worried we would get sick of pumpkin food and wind up wasting money. So I portioned it out into four parts. One part we froze, one part to eat now, one part to give Josh's parents and one part we brought to fire family dinner tonight.

2 comments:

miSz tUna said...

Despite getting fired, I'm guessing you're satisfied of the job well done with that boy?

Have a good time with your fire family dinner :)

OTRgirl said...

Feels weird to say congratulations for getting fired. Sounds like you did a great job in a short amount of time.