Sunday, November 22, 2009

That's it?

We went to a party tonight. Alex was very excited that I was going to my first college party. I don't have the heart to tell her it's the same as a high school party. Actually, it's a little more lame.

It's so easy to tell which people are trying extra-hard because they're all wearing skinny jeans. They act drunk after one drink. I went with Josh but we split up a couple of minutes after walking in. A guy from Virgina was dropping lines on me that were so cheesy I asked him if they ever worked on anyone else. At one point he took my hand and tried to look deep into my eyes, except the entire time he was glancing around. I don't know if it was to check out the other girls to see if there was someone hotter/more naive or if it was to see if anyone was noticing him talking with me.

When Josh and I left he stopped at a trash can on the street and threw something out. When I asked what it was, he told me, "Numbers" and took my hand to get us walking again. Now that I've gone, there doesn't seem to be a point in going to another one unless they're all wildly different.

I'm disappointed. Josh suggested we throw a party, a much better one. All I need to do first is get some friends to invite.

No comments: