Thursday, November 19, 2009

Skirted

At the end of every summer my mother used to get tons of Catholic school girls parading through our house to get their plaid skirts hemmed. This was my favorite thing ever. I thought those girls were so outrageously cool with their perfectly starched white shirts, the black and white shoes, the skirts that flared when you twirled.

I would be totally lying if I told you I never sneaked at least one skirt and tried it on each year.

So it's awesome that Glee and Rachel Berry are really popular now, because this means catholic school skirts are in style! Of course I'm not going to wear them like Rachel Berry does, probably more like Cher Horowitz in Clueless, but with fewer layers.

Now I'm staking out Goodwills all over the city to find the perfect skirt. It has to be one Dani likes too because she's also into the idea.

1 comment:

miSz tUna said...

Oooohh..
I have always wanted to wear one of those pleated skirts!!
Maybe one day I definitely will ;)
good luck (and have fun) with your skirt-hunting! :)

p/s: thanks for your comment.