Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Working it

As much as I bitch about work sometimes I really like working. You get money so much faster by working, and so much more, than when you just look for pennies on the sidewalk. It's good to be in control of what you can do instead of waiting for someone else to dole out however much money they've decided they want to give you. (Poor Alex.)

It's nice to be around adults who don't have five thousand rules, like in school. You can go to the bathroom whenever you want. If your boss sends you to pick up coffee or donuts or something, they always give you money to get something for yourself. If you hurt yourself they want to know you're okay and ask if you need a cab home, to go to the doctor, and that's just for a paper cut.

Today at tutoring the nanny was making flan and sent me home with some. We had it for dessert. It was so good that we are going to make it this weekend.

1 comment:

miSz tUna said...

This post makes me long to do part time work too, instead of depending too much on my parents. I feel bad, asking them for money, sometimes.

Yet, there's always the 'but...'