Monday, January 1, 2007

First Letter

Hi Mommy,

I'm sure you know I go to a shrink. What you may not know is this is a new one, and I think he may be the first good one yet. He's not cute or anything but he's calm and says insightful things and when I have nothing to say he tells me stories about his life that are always interesting. He reminds me of Sean, the shrink in Good Will Hunting (his wife isn't dead though).

Anyway he said it's clear I have a lot to say, even though he can tell I'm one of those kids who never talks a lot. That made me sad Ma, because remember how it used to be? I could never shut up back then. A lot of things have changed.

He said I should start a diary - that it would help me with all the things I'm thinking and feeling but not saying. That it would help me not have all the build-up inside me and maybe that would help me stop fighting so much.

So I'm going to write you blog letters. You, because you're the one I want to talk with most. A blog because that's how diaries are done these days. Please don't be angry at me if my grammar or writing is awful. School hasn't been going well at all since you died. Yeah, an excuse but can't excuses be the truth too? This year I am trying to do better.

Anyway, this is long enough and I have to go. I will catch you up next time.

Love you,
Sam

1 comment:

Vinny said...

If it's OK with you, I'd like to stop by and comment every once in a while.

I'm glad you've found an outlet, and I'm glad you have someone in your life to listen. The blogosphere can be a very friendly place. I've found some terrific friends here- folks who have the same likes and dislikes, challenges and victories. I hope you find people just like the one's I've found.

If you want to see some of them, you can check my blogs at digitalfather.com and worldofbernie.com (I have a cool blogroll there of my favorite blogs!)

Welcome!