Friday, August 28, 2009

Hello, I go to college

I am a college student. No, I'm not in a grade anymore. Why? Because of the college. That I attend. Still in awe that they let people like me into college.

Danielle thinks it is retarded for school to start on a Friday and tried to talk me into just skipping tomorrow as a protest. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain, I am not sure if this is a bad omen or just rainy weather. I may have been a dork by putting out what I'm going to wear tomorrow. Danielle wandered by and was like, "Ohh, torn jeans, Chucks and a black tank top, how fancy and collegiate!"

I don't know where anything is at college. Also I don't know anyone who is going there. When I was talking to Arnie about it today he said to view college at first as a job, where the other students are like coworkers, and we're all doing the same job. All 15,000 of us. Tomorrow I meet my freshman adviser. I don't know if I'm supposed to call her by her first name or last name.

Time to go lay in bed and stare at the ceiling until it's time to get up in four hours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope u have a great day, despite the weather.

-Lil'sis

thordora said...

I bet you kick ass.

Steph said...

You're going to love it and you'll be surprised by how many other students don't know anyone else either. It's so different from high school (in a very good way). I promise.

miSz tUna said...

Hey,
I suppose colleges here in Malaysia and there are different? We always have orientation week at the start of new term for new students. Therefore, the first day is all about registration and stuff. Then comes the torturous week whereby the juniors will be (kind of) bullied by the seniors.

Most of the time, there's a sort of dress codes throughout the orientation week, for example, certain colours or something.

Normally, first years live in dorms. We're given briefings about rules and stuff, and have to listen to talks where important people are introduced and participate in a closing ceremony in addition to the activities throughout the orientation week. (sports, ice-breaking activities, performances, debates, and the likes)

We were taken to places, informed of the important buildings and services available (photostate shops, post office and etc) as well.

Classes only start on the second week.

Well, that's just an overview as different colleges or universities (as in my case) has different ways of managing things. I hope that you'll have a great time in college. All the best and take care always.