Sunday, May 2, 2010

Colour, neighbour and ice hockey

I just signed up for a thing that shows blog traffic and where it comes from. 15% of the people who read this week are from Canada, so my title is a shout out to you Canadians, aye?

Today was a very good day. The only person who didn't sleep late was Danielle, because she had to work. One of the people I tutor asked if I babysit and instead of saying yes, I offered up Alex. This is a total rich-people problem. They have a nanny during the week every day, but want a babysitter on Saturday nights to get a break from having to spend two full days with their son. The mom is pretty nice and so is her kid which is why I thought it would be good for Alex.

She has heavily launched her campaign for a cell phone, always pointing out how much more convenient it would be if she had one in various situations. I have to be honest - she's right. Plus Alex is pretty good about not losing things. So if she earns enough to cover the cost then okay. This is why in the morning we went and Alex got her first cell phone. Alex is going to pay for it from babysitting on Saturday nights. The lady said she will put Alex in a taxi to get home so she won't be coming home by herself with money to be stolen. I'm excited - Alex starts next week.

Then we went to Central Park to finish homework. Except only one of us did that. The other one of us called everyone she knew and yelled, "I'm calling you from my very own cell phone!" Danielle met up with us and brought bagels and lox so we got to have a picnic in the park before going to our fire family dinner. Such a good day. We came home with extra cannolis.

3 comments:

OTRgirl said...

Sounds relaxing and fun. Great idea to let Alex do the babysitting.

Anonymous said...

Lol we don't say 'aye', we say 'eh'. Nice try though.

Lyndsay said...

Maybe with this 'Canada' post it's time to introduce myself. I found your blog through Snickolette and for the past couple of weeks have been working my way through your archives.
You. Are. Amazing. Honestly, I don't know what else to tell you. I suppose in your everyday busy existence, you're just doing what you have to do. But what you are doing is so admirable. You have done such an amazing job with your sisters. Seriously - it blows my mind.
I'm so glad I've found your blog... only a few more months until I'm up to date!