Friday, July 23, 2010

The future

Laying on the couch, watching tv. I paraphrase.

Josh: Do you want babies?
Me: To do what?
Josh: No. Like, have children.
Me: Fuck no.
Josh: Never?!
Me: Pretty much
Josh: What about when we're old?
Me: Old people can't have babies.
Josh: I don't mean like nursing home old. Just like pre-old. Like 25 or 30.
Me: That's too far away
Josh: But do you think you'd go for it then?
Me: I was kind of looking forward to not worrying about anyone by then.
Josh: But won't it be different if it's our own baby?
Me: No
Josh: Do you plan on changing your mind about any of this?
Me: Not really
Josh: Is this one of those things where like if I talk to you about it too much you'll hate the idea more and more?
Me: Probably.
Josh: Can I ask you once each year? Just in case you change your mind?
Me: I can give you once a year.
Josh: Thanks.
Me: You know what you can give me?
Josh: What?
Me: A chocolate Italian ices.
Josh: Now?!
Me: Okay how the hell are you going to ever be a father if you won't run out past midnight to get a snack?
Josh: Be right back.

Damn straight you will.

4 comments:

tami said...

LMAO

I love that boy. And you.

This post is just an epic win.

Elan Morgan said...

This weblog is being featured on Five Star Friday!
http://www.schmutzie.com/fivestarfriday/2010/7/23/five-star-fridays-113th-edition-is-brought-to-you-by-john-ga.html

Lil'Sis said...

I love that conversation

OTRgirl said...

Laughing and shaking my head. How'd you get to be so smart?