Now I am trying to remember when I heard my mother speaking it, and all I can hear is her yelling, "No, no, no!" and hitting our hands with a spoon as we'd try to take food, and her kissing me good night and buona notte, mia bella-ing me.
Josh kept whispering, "Why don't you just switch to English?" but I ignored him. Half the fun was trying to talk in Italian. So here is what may or may not be going on in Italy. I'm not exactly sure.
- The dad-guy smokes but goes outside.
- They have a ... cat. Or maybe more than one. Micia?
- She is disappointed in/not impressed with the food they cook.
- Boys/men are flirty there.
- She is wearing sky protection, which I will take to mean sunscreen.