Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dear (food) diary

This morning I was given a free loaf of fancy bread as an apology for a screw-up. All day long, I carried around this loaf of bread in my bag. Bread is heavy! When I got home I divided the bread into thirds. One third is now croutons for salads. One third is going to be used for french toast. The last third is becoming bread pudding tomorrow morning. I wanted to use some for soup but couldn't come up with anything good so gave up.

Breakfast: hard-boiled eggs, whole grain toast with peanut butter
Snack: blueberries, strawberries, banana
Lunch: udon
Snack: snack pack of nuts
Dinner: salad, meatloaf, string beans, sweet potato

Dinner felt really heavy but it seemed like everyone was in the mood for it, and judging from the lack of leftovers it was the right decision.

No comments: