Friday, November 30, 2012

Think I have a crush on my younger sister's boyfriend

Isn't this a Shakespeare play or something?

Okay not really but I like him. Actually there are a couple of very specific qualities in him that I like. Josh is very confident and assertive. And I'm pretty assertive and confident too, for the most part. But Dani's boyfriend is often kind of shy and tentative with her, and something about that seems very sweet.

He's never quite sure when he should offer to help, when he should follow Danielle or carry something for her. I know it's cruel to think this, but it's kind of cute to see him stumble around a little bit. Josh only stumbles over little sister sex questions. He's never blushed or blinked twice when I've asked him to pick up birth control. I've never asked him to get me tampons, but I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with that either.

Josh has typed up a paper from my notes and index cards when I was too sick to do it myself. He is always happy to accept a favor from someone, fully confident there will be a moment in the future when he can and will happily do a favor back for them.

Danielle's boyfriend has none of that. There's no swagger to his step. I kind of like it.

1 comment:

OTRgirl said...

It totally makes sense. Being with Josh, while you love and respect him, also makes you feel insecure. Your sister's sweet, insecure boyfriend feels more relatable in some ways.