Tuesday, December 11, 2012

This isn't high school?

I really thought senior year of college would be a repeat of my senior year of high school. I was wrong. It's like all the teachers have realized "We won't be able to make your lives difficult later, so let's pile it all on this year and give you a huge send-off." For the last three or four weeks I've been completely swamped. There has even been cutting one class to do work for another class, and I'm not doing things last minute. Josh's dad called me two weeks ago wanting to take me to lunch and it took until yesterday to carve out an hour and a half to go.

When I told him how surprised I was by all these assignments in my senior year, he looked at me like I was an idiot. "This isn't high school, Sam." Oh. I wish somebody had warned me. As if that would have made it easier somehow.

No comments: