Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Total coincidence

My job has nothing to do with tax season. Nothing at all. Despite that, I'm super busy at work right now. It's the kind of busy where you work until 1am and go back at 6am. My eyes are twitching like a motherfucker, and I've had a headache for four days straight.

If anything has gone on in the world, I don't know about it. I've eaten every meal at a desk. Last Thursday I fell asleep standing up in the elevator. And in the shower. So that's what's going on. Work and sleep. Little too much work and not quite enough sleep. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's crazy! With five hours turnaround time, are you even getting two hours of sleep?

I would think that your bosses would be concerned that a schedule like that for more than a couple of days could lead to work suffering and mistakes being made and errors not being caught. And if sick days end up having to be taken, that kind of defeats the purpose.

Can you spread some of the work out by going in for a few hours Sunday afternoon? Would that let you leave an hour earlier each workday the next week or would the time just fill up with new work?

If your job has nothing to do with tax season, what is causing all the work to have to be done at once? Must the deadlines all be converging?

When is it expected to calm down? I hope soon! If not, can you put in for one day off next week?