Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday brunch

We had brunch this morning with Tom and Laurie. While we were sitting at the table Josh turned to me and said I should ask his parents about what we talked about in bed the other day. Laurie choked on her drink and I kicked Josh really hard under the table. He really could have said it a better way.

When we'd all recovered I did tell his parents about the dilemma of sort of wanting to check on Aunt Elaine. Tom suggested Alex just call and we can suss out (he actually said suss) if she would appreciate a visit. Danielle added, "And if she would, when you come back, we'll throw out your clothes so you don't stink up the whole house."

I am relieved we have a plan of action and Alex is now getting shy about calling. Laurie sent us home with a lot of leftover food. We will be eating bagels and lox for breakfast all the first half of this week. Every time I go to their house I leave feeling like I just went on vacation.

1 comment:

OTRgirl said...

Great suggestion. (Though I'm laughing at how Josh presented it!)