Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Grownup Man Asked Me Out Today

He came in with his wife and a baby before the dinner rush, but his wife got a phone call and he waited in the lobby for her while she talked outside. He seemed perfectly nice, and I was playing with his baby a little bit.

During their meal it got busy and I was flying all around pushing tables together and making sure tables were being turned over quickly so new people could get seated. I wasn't really paying attention to them, but when they left I was at the register. The woman went out with the baby while he paid and he asked if he could give his tip to me, meaning for me to keep, and I purposely let him think I misunderstood, saying, "Sure, I will totally make sure Shari gets it!"

Then he told me I was cute and he'd like to see me again. He looked like he whitens his teeth. Again I pretended not to understand and replied, "Well, I put in a lot of hours so if you come back for dinner I'm sure we'll run into each other." When I handed him his credit card back he took my hand and held it instead of taking the card.

"Call me. I'll take you out to a nicer place than this." With his other hand he pulled out a business card. He put that on the counter, then took his credit card and left.

What is with these people? OLD MEN ARE GROSS! MARRIED MEN ARE GROSS! FATHERS ARE GROSS!

Obviously I threw his business card out.

3 comments:

Lil'Sis said...

OMG!! What a cretin!!!

If he comes back I hope someone spills something on him, hint hint!

And your prior post about your sister, that is so frightening to read.

miSz tUna said...

ew.. and he came with the baby as well.. eww!!!

OTRgirl said...

Catching up after being away.

The father guy is horrible! Practically in front of his wife. How slimey. Ugh. You should have run out to his wife and said, "I think your husband dropped this" (mostly kidding...)

Good for Alex on the previous post! I'm sorry she's having to learn to be so savvy and street smart, but I'm glad it turned out well.