Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gearing up

My school starts on Friday. Today after work I went through all my clothes with Danielle to see what truly fits and what I really shouldn't be wearing anymore. I feel like I need to dress nicer for college. That's probably retarded. It's probably just trying to give myself an excuse to not wear crappy clothes anymore. I gave Danielle a black skirt that we agreed was a little too short and a little too tight. She asked for a bunch of my t-shirts but if I gave her all six that she wanted I'd only have two left. Dani got four instead, and two pairs of jeans that are short on me.

I am going to use the rest of the Gap card that Laurie gave me in the spring to buy jeans and hopefully a pair of sneakers. If the tutoring thing comes through then maybe I'll get a sweatshirt and some tops. But maybe not because I think Alex is having a growth spurt and will need new clothes soon based on what she ate today.

Yesterday she came home and said she ate her whole lunch and was still hungry. Today she came home and said even though there was more than yesterday she was STILL hungry. Then she ate:

- half a pb&j sandwich
- a peach
- some grapes
- half a dozen strawberries
- half a dozen cherry tomatoes
- frozen yogurt (Josh took Alex like an hour and a half before dinner)
- steak, new potatoes, kale for dinner
- two handfuls of pretzel sticks
- cherry italian ices

Alex said she was still hungry after that but I told her she could have a big breakfast in the morning. Danielle is going to go through her clothes tomorrow and we'll see if she needs anything, but I'm hoping she really doesn't.

2 comments:

Lil'Sis said...

the dreaded pre-teen growth spurt, my daughter is there to, ugh...you seem to be on top of it all, you and Dani work so well together. Good luck with classes starting, you'll find many dress much worse for college than they did for h.s., seriously some of the outfits are just like grunge pajamas.

Anonymous said...

I like your idea of dressing more nicely for college. You'll probably feel better throughout the day doing so. You will also most likely be treated better by others.

Can not some of the money you've been working so hard to earn and been saving for college be designated for your back-to-school clothing needs?

Alex is totally the right age for a growth spurt. Good for you for recognizing that. Time to buy lots of milk!