Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I won't die a virgin

but I will die having never got on an airplane or left the state. Still pathetic.

That is what I was thinking when I got home. It was around 25 degrees outside today, and as I walked home it felt like the cold was going straight through my chest. I felt shaky the last several blocks and realized lunch had been skipped by accident.

When I got inside I dropped my stuff and kicked off my shoes right inside the door before going into my sisters' room where I collapsed on the nearest bed. Danielle must have heard me because when I opened my eyes she was standing over me.

Dani: What's wrong with you?
Me: I don't know.
Dani: You don't look good.
Me: Bring me food?

She came back with applesauce and I sat up to eat. It didn't make me feel better, but I figured it would kick in soon enough, so went into the kitchen to make dinner. Making a whole fancy dinner seemed too energy-sapping, so I went into the very back of the cabinet to pull out part of my emergency stash of food. A box of Rice-a-Roni. Cut up some chicken breast and threw it in, and cut up carrot and celery sticks. Easiest, cheapest meal in the world to make.

I feel better now. Still kind of sluggish but not like when I got home. Just like I could sleep for three days straight.

3 comments:

~C~ said...

well...that's a relief. Even when you are cooking lazy, it still sounds good to me!

Anonymous said...

This cold is bitter. Wear layers of clothes (fleece is best) and also a hat/gloves. Bring portable food with you (ie granola bars). I know I sound like your mother.....
gmg

Yankee, Transferred said...

There is a common thread in your blog about how crappy you feel when you don't eat. Keeping your blood sugar up sounds really important. I think the stash of granola bars in your bag would be a great idea. Take care. It's cold and hungry out there.