Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Swimming through

In my mind I'm still on vacation. In real life I'm moving slower. I even smiled at a baby today. This is what a vacation can do to you! People should be warned!

This morning at work when Arnie saw me, he asked how the vacation was. "Um, is it too early to put in now, for another vacation?" Arnie laughed, and told me he was glad it was fun. Then he patted me on the back and pointed at the pile of stuff waiting for me to do.

The whole day I was just all languid - I don't even really know what that means, but I'm sure it applies. All my work was done slower than usual. When I got sent out to buy lunch, some girl behind me in line was in a rush so I let her go ahead of me.

After work it took me an hour and a half to get dinner made, because I kept stopping and ... doing nothing. It's a miracle the food even came out correctly. I told Alex to do the dishes. When she asked why, I just told her, because I didn't want to. I could really, really get used to this. Everyone should go on vacations.

5 comments:

Bec said...

It's called being relaxed. Enjoy it, it's a marvelous feeling.

Mizasiwa said...

and unfortunatly doesnt last nearly as long as we need it to!
;-) glad your experiencing this!

Yankee, Transferred said...

For a young woman to have shouldered so much responsibility at such a young age, I would say this relaxed feeling is long overdue. I am so glad you have had the true vacation experience-one that has a little lingering relaxation. Good for you!

katherine laurin said...

that`s another benefit of vacation, it reshapes and remoulds us without us even being aware of it at the time, congratulations, you are a new you, wonderful for you sam

Lyndsay said...

This made me laugh.
I'm glad you relaxed frame of mind stuck around for a while. Usually as soon as I hit the airport my vacation-mood evaporates.