Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to four

Josh came back from vacation on Friday. My sisters and I were so excited, we all wanted his attention. It was so chaotic, with him trying to unpack while grumpy from jet lag and the three of us talking a mile a minute. I was trying to be patient in waiting for time alone but was getting frustrated every time one of my sisters started another story to catch him up on with, "Oh, and you know what?"

I tried to do that telepathic message thing to Josh, but it didn't seem to take. As Dani and Alex kept talking, he kept unpacking. Their voices kept going as I put a clean towel in the bathroom for Josh to use after his shower. Finally he was all unpacked. I wanted my sisters to leave. As Josh still listened, he took off his shirt and threw it in the dirty laundry pile. Alex continued talking and Josh slid off his shorts to throw them on the pile too. Still, the two of them kept going, even with him standing in the doorway in Calvins.

Danielle finally wandered out. Alex was still going a mile a minute, peppering Josh with questions. He winked at me, and hooked his thumbs under his waistband. Alex shrieked. "What are you doing?!" Josh nudged her off the dresser and herded her to the door. "Trying to give you a hint. Go to sleep; you can talk at me more in the morning."

He closed the doors on her heels and smiled at me. I am so happy now.

2 comments:

Kizz said...

That guy? Total class act. Love this.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Yup, he's a keeper.