Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Out of nowhere

Josh's mom called last night to ask if she could meet up with Alex after school and take her for a snack. Alex came home in time for dinner all happy and excited. Apparently Laurie is going to be re-decorating her house and wants to get Al's opinion on furniture and stuff. 

I'm not sure if Laurie genuinely thinks Alex has good taste or she's humoring her hobby. But now all is all pumped up and has announced she is going to go to college to be an interior designer for that to be her backup after dancing.

Now Al thinks she's all impressive and twice we've caught her standing in the middle of a room, studying it critically. To be honest, I don't get it. I'm terrible at this stuff and don't think it matters much. I'm not very girly when it comes to decorating while Alex is all about creating ambiance and reading articles on feng shui for apartments. It's probably good she'll have an outlet for this stuff. Or something.

3 comments:

Mizasiwa said...

your 'Al' sounds a lot like our 'An' she is the same - only she never cleans properly and always moans about how un ambient a room is or how untidy we all are.. she is going into hospitality we all hope thats a good thing ;-)

OTRgirl said...

I've been reading all your posts, just haven't had much time to comment. I love interior decorating and organizing. It's really fun, but my husband HATES it. He gets a headache trying to figure out where to put things. Makes us a good combo. I'm glad that Josh's Mom knows your sisters and is willing to let Alex help her. Laurie sounds like an incredible woman.

I enjoy how you let your sisters grow and change. Even when they confuse you, it's obvious how much you love them and are proud of them.

Principled Slut said...

I think Laurie probably recognizes Alex's abilities AND wants to include her in something she is interested in. It's very kind of her to make that extra effort for Alex, knowing how much it would mean to Al.