Monday, April 23, 2012

Coming off

Tomorrow I go to get my arm checked. I am so hoping it is time for this cast to come off. Yesterday I totally lost my shit, hysterically crying in bed because this lack-of-arm thing is so frustrating. All the last six weeks I have been piling on the protein in an effort to make my broken bone heal faster. I got told to be careful - that some people think a cast means they can whack their arm on anything and it won't matter because the cast is protection. My arm only got whacked once, right at the beginning. It was just because I under-estimated how much space the cast takes up while going through a doorway.

Please, please, please be healed. Please please be ready to come off. I want to wash my own hair. I want to be able to take pans in and out of the oven by myself. I want to be able to hook my bra in the back.

Josh told me tonight not to be upset if they take my cast off but put on a brace. I am just saying right now that damn straight I WILL be upset if my arm is not completely free. Josh told me not to be upset if my arm has zero strength and I have to work up to stuff like handstands or get sent to physical therapy. Who even goes to physical therapy? Isn't that for like, people coming home from Iraq who've had their legs blown off? There's been enough shrinking from Craig. I don't want any more therapy.

I just want my arm back.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, or if you even care, but it has a link at the bottom saying where you were when you posted this.

sam said...

Thx.

Kizz said...

I don't know how to say this without sounding awful so please bear with me. DO THE PHYSICAL THERAPY! Everyone does physical therapy and it's good. Also, they won't make you talk about your feelings, they'll just work to make the muscles in your arm strong enough to help keep this from happening again. And don't forget your calcium, strong bones and teeth, dontcha know.

Lil'Sis said...

My husband has to do PT for post surgery to get strength back, I had to do it when I injured my wrist, no shrinking involved at all, and at the time money was super tight so I told the woman that, I went 3 times she showed me a ton of exercises then I just did on my own after that, it helped a lot.