Thursday, April 5, 2012

Self-inflicted

My body is totally falling apart. When I first started writing these they took about an hour, even for the short ones. Then after a while (years) of practice it got faster. You want to figure you get faster at everything with practice. Not the case when you have a cast. The other night during sleep, it seems like I went to scratch an itch on my face. When we woke up Josh looked at me horrified and sent me to go look in the mirror. There was a huge, bloody scratch across my face.

How can you even do that much damage and not wake yourself up? It looks like it should have hurt! There's blood on the pillowcase (thank god for cold water). My sisters, who for some reason love to pretend they think Josh beats me, of course asked Josh if he beat me in the middle of the night.

To review, we've got the cast, and now a huge scratch from right near my eye all the way down my cheek almost to my mouth. As if this isn't enough, a headache has been in the mix for the last two days. Obviously the line has been crossed from kid to old person, and it's all downhill from here. I'll expect my boobs to start sagging tomorrow, and the cane and walker should arrive by the end of the week.

No comments: