Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Different. Better.

Even though it often seems like all Josh does is hang around playing video games and going on vacations, there is something about him being around that makes me feel better. There's a different energy in the house with him in the mix. He claims we're less girly, but I almost feel like I get more girly with him around. Why should I do the typical guy things if there's an actual guy who can do them? So I get him to throw out the garbage and change lightbulbs, even though I'm perfectly capable. I also like making Josh do dishes, but that's just because something about seeing that looks hot.

Danielle said last night I'm calmer with Josh. Less intense. Sooooo ... I think my sister just told me she likes me better when I'm getting laid? Nice.

Josh hasn't unpacked yet. When we first moved in together this would have driven me nuts. What is he waiting for? An engraved invitation? But now I get him. It's going to take him a few days. Partially because there's no rush - it's not as if he doesn't have clothes unless he unpacks - and partially because Josh simply puts enjoying life above everything else. Two years ago it would have infuriated me. I'd have mentioned it like forty times, then done it myself, then mentioned 20 times how pissed I was that I had to do it myself. Now? I just dragged the suitcase into the third bedroom so I don't have to look at and step around it in our bedroom. Josh's mindset is definitely rubbing off on me.

1 comment:

OTRgirl said...

That's part of a long-term relationship (if it's working), growing towards each other. It's nice to hear what's working well. So happy to hear about your contentment.