Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Out of season soup

I was going to do pumpkin soup, because my motto for this week is "the heartier, the better" so it seems like anything broth-based is out, but I wasn't quite in the mood for it, and when I found this recipe for lobster bisque and popovers, knew the pumpkin soup would have to wait.

This one stressed me out, because I don't really know how to do anything fancy with seafood. It's like normally I go full-steam ahead but then come to a screeching halt when fish is involved. I actually have to really read the recipes instead of skimming them and sometimes I even watch a few videos for the hard parts.

It also stressed me out because I got stuck at work later than I thought. You know when you're saving your work and mentally prepping your to-do list for the following morning, and then someone comes in and says, "Oh good, you're still here!" and you know not to even bother powering down? It meant I  was going to hit Whole Foods at the busiest time of day. I texted Josh a list and hoped he'd come home with the right things. Usually he does, and I've learned (for the most part) what will trip him up, so my lists are detailed. Alex has reported that sometimes Josh will show the list to the guy at the meat counter instead of reading it out loud. Whatever it takes.

Sadly, not only did I get home late, but this took me about two hours to make, so we ate dinner around 9:45 tonight. If I do say so myself, it was totally worth the wait. There's a claim that it's better than sex. I would say it's better than non-orgasm sex, but not sex with an orgasm.

My sisters and I each ate a full bowl of the bisque. Josh had two. Then he asked if the leftovers would be good tomorrow. Success. 

No comments: