Tuesday, November 17, 2015

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Oh that's nice. I have no idea what I'm doing since nobody can make a decision to save their lives these days. This has become the new normal and my Type-A self does not do well in this environment.

Nobody can decide if we're celebrating Thanksgiving at all. Let alone at whose house. I'm happy to cook the whole thing at Laurie's house if she wants. If we had enough space, I'd be happy to have all her people to our place and do it here.

Danielle wants to do Thanksgiving here. She wants this to be the year I teach her how to do it. Like the nerds it turns out we are, she's got an Excel spreadsheet going with each dish, each ingredient for it, and which pots, pans and utensils are needed to make and serve it. Every day Dani is asking if I ordered the turkey yet. I so wish there was an answer to give her. At this point, I want to just make the executive decision to make enough food for eight people, and put our plan in motion. 

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Just do it. Call everyone and tell them how it is going to be. You got this, Sam!

Anonymous said...

I'm also a fan of "just do it" - if you make it they will come and eat:) Take the reigns!

Kizz at 117 Hudson said...

A spreadsheet? What does that look like? I want that! I have a couple of lists and a pretty good memory but I'd rather have a spreadsheet. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Amanda said...

I agree with the others. Make your plan, set the time, and tell those you want to attend!!