Thursday, February 17, 2011

Giddy over guests

Rushing home after school I was so glad it wasn't that crazy weather we were having where it was barely above zero. Danielle and I zipped through the house cleaning and getting ready for our guests. We folded the towels in the bathroom so they'd look fancy. We lit candles, and karate-chopped pillows to make them look plumped (I saw it on tv). 

For our fire family dinner at our house I made eggplant parmesan with a big salad and garlic bread. They brought strawberry cheesecake. On Monday Josh gave me flowers so we already had those. The whole thing seemed really cool to me, but Danielle didn't think so. She felt weird and was worried if we could host them for dinner then they wouldn't have us over to their house for dinner anymore.

I don't think that would happen. We had a lot of fun. We had this whole big talk about eating less meat because it's not so great for the environment and were brainstorming meatless meals to cook for dinner. Alex's throat was hurting and she just came out to say hi but then went to bed for the night, and didn't even eat dinner.

We really need to have people over more often. I love having guests so much.

3 comments:

Rebs said...

Love eggplant parm! I use this recipe, because it cuts out the frying: http://foodblogga.blogspot.com/2009/07/recipe-for-easy-baked-eggplant.html

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yankee, Transferred said...

I love having company, too! I was living on my own by the time I was 18, and I started entertaining then...and loved it. That pleasure never goes away.