Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Brain purge

Talking to a shrink is like flipping a switch, and once it's flipped I keep talking even after going home. Josh is such a good boyfriend, he stayed up really late letting me talk at him while he ate ice cream. Today I wound up cutting a class to talk with Jackie and Becca. Both of them kept looking at me in shock, shaking their heads in disbelief. "I had no idea you had all this in you!" Becca was like, "How have you had all this going on in your head without saying anything?"

The good news is, even if I feel like I could blow up a medium-sized country just by glaring at it, that's not coming across to other people and they still like me. Although when I told that to Josh, he thought it was sad, saying I should feel comfortable telling my friends almost anything.


Me: You tell your friends everything you think? 
Josh: Well, not everything. But between you and them and my parents there aren't really any big thoughts I have that don't get told to someone. 
Me: Huh.
Josh: Maybe you'd feel less intense if you talked it out.
Me: Who knew you were so shrinkly?
Josh: I provide many services.

I'm just not really very talky but maybe he has a point.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, he does have a good point. Keeping too much inside can make one ill and have things fester.
gmg

Nina said...

Glad you're being able to talk and that people are listening.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Between a boyfriend who listens, friends who listen, sisters who adore you, and Josh's family who clearly care deeply about you, and a shrink, you seem to have lots of support. Pour it out. It'll feel good.
Cheers-

OTRgirl said...

It's definitely helpful to find safe people who will listen. I'm glad you could talk with Josh and your other friends. I love his response to you.