Monday, June 4, 2012

Spiral down

Today I was talking with a girl I was friends with in high school. Um. Life is not really going well for pretty much everybody we know.

This one girl had a baby in 11th grade. So the kid was at camp on Friday and the girl, her mom, overslept by two hours and didn't pick her up, so CPS took her. We didn't have time to talk a long time so we're going to get together this week and I hope she explains more because right now it's hard to understand. How do you go from being severely late to having your kid taken away by CPS?

This guy, a friend of Hector's is getting sentenced to prison tomorrow. Based on how long, I think it's for drugs. She was like, "Do you want to go to court with me tomorrow?" Um no. I just said I have to work. She wants to go to show support. Has he done anything to show support for her? She has been going to community college part time and working part time - has he studied with her? Has he gone where she works and told her manager how good she was? No. So why is she doing it for him? I'm scared it's just because he's cute.

It just kept going on and on this way. Each person we brought up is doing horrible in a different way. It makes me sad. Half of me wants to go back to the Bronx tomorrow and half wants to move farther away and change my name and never go back.

No comments: