Friday, May 24, 2013

Thursday's page

Josh and I are cleaning out the apartment. There are certain types of things I always write in my phone, and other things I always write in these little drugstore notebooks I carry around. One of the things I write in the notebooks is what I eat throughout the day. I don't write it every day, but if I feel like there's been too much junk food lately I'll write, or like, during the holidays where it's easy for eating to go to shit, I'll write it. Josh found a shoebox filled with my notebooks, and asked if he could throw it out. I need to go through every single book to compile all the bits and pieces important to keep. Because of course I need stuff written down in 2009. Who wouldn't?

Breakfast: peach muffin, hard-boiled egg, and fruit salad of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
Lunch: baked chicken, steamed vegetables, baked potato
Snack: pretzel sticks, carrot sticks and cucumber slices
Dinner: salad, tilapia, sweet potato fries, kale
Dessert: popcorn with yeast

3 comments:

Sara said...

Popcorn with yeast? Tell me more.

sam said...

Not much to tell. Just buy nutritional yeast, and mix it with salt and grated Parmesan or whatever seasoning you want. You could use brewer's yeast instead, but that has a slightly bitter taste to it - we like nutritional better. And it's not the same yeast as what goes into breads. The difference is activated vs. deactivated I think.

If you mix in dry ingredients for seasoning, keep the whole thing wherever you keep your spices. If you mix in wet ingredients, refrigerate and use it up in a week.

Jane said...

Are you moving?