Sunday, February 8, 2015

Dumb drama queen

Alex got sick last week. I think it was like a mild flu. She then got better and had no fever. Then on Friday Alex woke up, coughed, and decided she had the flu again, but worse. Except she had no fever. We had a huge screaming fight with her insisting she was on death's door and me insisting she needed to suck it up and go to school.

It was the dumbest fight we've had in a long, long time. I don't know why I was digging in on this. Ultimately I told Alex if she was so sick that she couldn't go to school then she needed to see a doctor since she'd been sick for over a week. So she went to the doctor. Where she was diagnosed with a fucking sore throat. And got told she was a smidge dehydrated. You know what she was prescribed? Hot water with honey. No shit. I am disgusted by her. 

3 comments:

Chris said...

If I remember well, Alex usually likes school, so it's probably not just her being lazy?

One crazed mommy said...

I agree - there have been many times I have felt like hell warmed over and never had a fever - and nothing the Dr. could do - just fluids and rest.

Anonymous said...

For god sake give her a break! Poor Alex.